Another wedding post and I am SO EXCITED to share some photos of our first look!
If you don’t know, a “first look” is when you and your significant other opt to see each other before the wedding ceremony. Popular opinions and/or “traditions” may lead you to think otherwise, but there isn’t a right or wrong decision to be made regarding whether or not you should do a first look – it is completely up to the bride and groom!
Personally, I wanted to do a first look and I was SO EXCITED for it. I had many reasons why I wanted to have a first look…
- To help calm my nerves… your wedding brings out so many emotions and it can be very overwhelming, especially since you may not see and/or talk to your significant other until you’re about to say “I do”
- TO TAKE PHOTOS – not only to capture that first look moment, but to get most of our wedding photos done!
- To spend some alone time with my groom! Your wedding day is about YOU and your significant other, right? Believe it or not, but between being with our wedding party, family and greeting our wedding guests, there is very little time spent together as there is so much going on that requires our attention! Our first look gave us the opportunity to be together, to connect, take a deep breath and give us a moment before the day officially started.
- To free up our timeline for additional shots later in the day with our wedding party and family.
- To have more time to get to our reception and grab a bite to eat before our receiving line started. This was a big one – our Church ceremony started at 3pm, so we really didn’t want to be rushed and/or late because of wedding photos… and knowing me and my obsession with taking 253940473 photos, we were definitely going to be late!
- “TO BE DIFFERENT AND COOL” says Ozzy… AKA the hubby.
Contrary to popular belief (and the many opinions I received prior to the day), a first look does not ruin the “down the aisle” reactions – if anything, it was even better and we’re both glad we weren’t a blubbery mess!
Now, what you actually came to my blog to see…
OUR FIRST LOOK PHOTOS!
Jolly Photography – Vesna Stefanov, Aidan Stoddard, John Joseph Bruchal, Vanessa DeVos