Today marks our 10 MONTH COUNTDOWN UNTIL OUR WEDDING AND OUR “I DO’S”!
Here are a few pictures from our “Wedding Creative Session” we did this past summer! (AKA, not our real wedding photos!!)
If you didn’t see my post about it and are interested to see what we did, click HERE!
In honour of our #10MonthCountdown I decided to put together a little list of 30 Things I Learned About Being Engaged.
Here are 30 Things I Learned About Being Engaged…
1. Your relationship is always evolving and changing, just as you both change.
2. There is always something new to learn or find out… and not just about each other.
3. A wedding is ONE day of your life, a marriage is for the rest of your life.
4. There is never a “good” time to talk about difficult things.
5. The smallest things can be the most meaningful.
6. Family takes on an entirely new meaning.
7. It’s great when your fiancé wants to be involved in planning your wedding… but don’t get upset when he gets a bit over-involved!
8. Opposites do attract, but sometimes people are not as “opposite” as they seem.
9. It’s never too late to say you’re sorry.
10. Long engagements are the best, I wouldn’t have it any other way!
11. The best “nights out” are staycations – watching a movie at home cuddled up in your pyjamas.
12. Shopping for domestic, ordinary things you will need for your new home/life becomes so exciting!
13. Whatever the future holds can be scary but always remember that you now have someone to hold your hand through it all.
14. You realize you can suddenly relate to your parents a lot more and need their advice.
15. Money, children and religion – they’re topics you are going to talk about. So you might as well start.
16. Sometimes it takes someone else to point out something you thought you understood all of your life.
17. Honesty is key – don’t hold things in.
18. Your fears will increase, but your fears will help you develop a deeper level of trust and intimacy.
19. You learn to communicate what you value more.
20. You’ll learn who your true friends are.
21. You need to learn to embrace compromise… and lots of it!
22. Being engaged doesn’t instantly make all your other problems go away.
23. Wedding planning is supposed to be fun, so when it becomes not so fun, learn to take a break!
24. What you may want/like may not be what your partner wants/likes – it’s not “your” wedding, it’s “OUR” wedding.
25. Things always take longer than you think they will – PLAN AHEAD and give yourself plenty of time to work out the details.
26. The people who love you most will support your decisions and won’t complain.
27. It’s important you learn how to say no as there will be lots of opinions and expectations thrown at you that you may not like or want for your wedding day.
28. Planning is as complicated as you make it.
29. Don’t worry about what other people think about your decisions — it’s YOUR wedding, not theirs. Whatever decisions you make, people will talk either way. So choose what you and your partner wants and forget the rest!
30. ENJOY THE PROCESS! You only get married once and you only plan a wedding once – have fun and live in the moment!
We also have a Youtube video all about our experience with the Creative Session and behind the scenes sneak peek! Check it out down below!
Thanks for reading and stopping by my blog!
Are you engaged? Is there anything you’ve learned throughout your engagement thus far that I didn’t mention?
Let me know in the comments down below, I would love to hear from you!! XOXO