I have put together another yummy little treat – it is about the easiest frozen treat you can make and they are so satisfying and delicious! I usually have a banana or two in the freezer for when I make protein shakes so I thought why not try this little recipe and see how it turns out!
- Ripe bananas
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons of oil or milk
- Chopped nuts, coconut or other toppings (optional)
- Melt chocolate chips and oil (or milk) in a double boiler and heat over simmering water until chocolate is melted.
- Peel the bananas and cut into 1-2 inch slices.
- Slide the bananas slices onto a skewer – this is optional but I found it makes it easier to dip in the chocolate.
- Place melted chocolate on a plate in a line to easily dip the bananas – you can also drizzle the chocolate over the bananas if you wish.
- Sprinkle toppings over the chocolate.
- Lay the skewers on a baking dish and place in a freezer until bananas are firm and chocolate is set.
- Let bananas sit a few minutes before serving as they may be too frozen to bite into!