HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!
Yesterday was my 25th birthday and I wanted to share some lessons that I have learned throughout my life so far.
1. Change is always possible – anywhere and anytime.
2. Don’t compare yourself and/or your life to others – You have no idea what their journey is all about.
3. Don’t be so hard on yourself.
4. You need to learn how to say no.
5. Stop trying to please everyone – Not everyone is going to like you; not everyone is gong to put in half as much effort in as you do and that’s ok! Accept it and move on.
6. Learn from your heartaches – It’s okay to be sad and miss that person every now and again, but it will get better, and you will find that feeling again.
7. Don’t close people off – Don’t push away the people that care. You will miss out on great friendships and love. No matter how hard it is let them in.
8. Be there for your friends – Love them, appreciate them, and make sure you let them know how much you care.
9. Spend time with your family – Spend as much time with them as possible, no matter crazy they may be, love them with all your heart because they are all you have in this world!
10. Listen to your parents – They only want what’s best for you and most of the time, they are probably right.
11. Don’t let anyone bring you down – I don’t care who they are or how important they are to you… live your life how you want to live it and don’t let people force their opinions on you.
12. Form your own beliefs and opinions – Do not be swayed by the media or by what other people tell you; form your own opinions and stand by them.
13. Take care of your body – Take care of yourself and listen to your body; eat healthy and exercise… your body is the only one you got!
14. Travel – learn about new countries, cultures and experience how other people live. Get out of your tiny bubble of the world and explore as much as you can!
15. Accept other people’s help – You are not alone and you don’t have to be. Let people in and let them help you.
16. Be respectful – Stop judging others, stop gossiping and don’t be rude. Respect others, it’s that simple.
17. Spend time doing what you love – Who cares what people think! Make time to do those things you love, even if others don’t understand why you’re doing what you’re doing.
18. Know your worth – Don’t be naive or blind through love and friendship. Don’t let someone take advantage of you. If they don’t show they love or care for you through their actions, let them go.
19. Don’t chase after anyone – If someone doesn’t want to be apart of your life, they’re not worth it. No matter how much you care, let them go.
20. Take responsibility for your actions – Don’t put the blame on others, you are responsible for yourself so you better own it!
21. Keep your promises.
22. Time heals almost everything – Give time, time.
23. You cannot control how other people feel about you or their reactions towards you.
24. Never apologize for being who you are – There is no one else in this world that is exactly like you. Own it unapologetically!
25. You don’t have to have your entire life planned out – You have a whole life ahead of you; stop planning, stressing, wondering and worrying about the future. It’s easier said than done, but everything will fall into place as it’s support to!
Thank you to everyone who celebrated my birthday with me this weekend! I am so lucky and thankful to have so many beautiful, caring people in my life! THANK YOU! Here’s to joining the quarter century club!
Would love to hear your thoughts on my “lessons” – leave a comment down below, I would love to hear from you! XOXO
Check out my latest YOUTUBE videos: